Saturday 1 August 2015

Wavelength (1967)





zzzzzzzzzz....

I watched this one on YouTube in about 9 minutes. I'm fairly confident I missed nothing in skipping through it.


An experimental 45 minute film where the camera slowly works its way towards a picture frame.

There is something to be said for that pleasant lonely voyerustic feeling of watching real-life unfold unbeknownst to anyone in the world but you - like people-watching or peering inside of a brightly lit living-room when you're walking past at 10pm on a cold, dark rainy night...

...but I didn't even get that from this film. Perhaps if I had dedicated the full 45 minutes to watching it, I would have gotten more but I see 45 minutes of watching a camera zoom towards a wall as about the most reductive way I could possibly spend my time.

I am generally a fan of experimental film and definitely surreal film but this was probably could have made, more importantly this was a film I could have quite easily lived therefore I do not see the merits of committing it to film, less so including it as one of the 1001 best films ever made.
  
BEST SCENE: N/A

BEST CHARACTER: N/A

BEST QUOTE: N/A

RATING: – I hope I don't have to hand out too many of these.

MOVIES WATCHED: 20
MOVIES REMAINING:981

3 comments:

  1. What happened, where are other reviews? You can't stop at 20th movie, come on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sec error bad signature is a Firefox error code that appears when the user's Firefox browser is not correctly set up. Clearing recent history, stopping HTTPS scanning, and deleting the Firefox subfile cert8.db are some of the remedies to this problem. Caches or cookies may be to blame for the “Firefox error code sec error bad signature.” Please get rid of them. The steps are outlined below. We've supplied a solution, so simply follow it and you'll be good to go. However, if you continue to have problems with typing, you can contact the technician via Bellen Mozilla Firefox Nederland to receive immediate assistance from the professional's hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aim for a PayPal personal best so you can collect money now and have the choice to buy items sometime in the future if that's what you want.........PayPal Nieuw Telefoonnummer

    ReplyDelete